Default Acquisition and Surrogate function in BayesOpt

Mohammad Hossain Namaki

Sep 10, 2016, 5:30:31 PM9/10/16
to BayesOpt discussion
Hi all,
I have a basic question regarding bayesOpt.
I've used the default parameters for running the software. Just I've change the number of iterations.
Could you please tell me what is the default acquisition function in BayesOpt?
I think the default surrogate function is "sGaussianProcess" but I couldn't find anything about acquisition function.

Thanks

Ruben Martinez-Cantin

Sep 10, 2016, 7:47:34 PM9/10/16
to BayesOpt discussion
All default parameters are defined in src/parameters.cpp

The acquisition is Expected Improvement.

Ruben