basic question about bayes library

zhch...@colorado.edu

Jun 29, 2017, 6:41:03 AM6/29/17
to BayesOpt discussion
Hi everyone
  I am a new guy using this library.
   I am confused that bayesian opt is used to get the optimum of function that is unknown. However, to use this library we need input the function, like the page
  https://rmcantin.bitbucket.io/html/usemanual.html
  in C++ usage, it writes "my function here" so I need write down what the function is? As I don't know what function I am trying to optimize, what kind of things I should input, I just know its sample right?

Thanks for your answer!!

Ruben Martinez-Cantin

Jun 30, 2017, 10:59:18 AM6/30/17
to BayesOpt discussion
You don't need to know the "shape" of the function, but you need to be
able to "evaluate" the function.

Best,

Ruben