Is it possible to define dependent constraints over parameters?

Mohammad Hossain Namaki

Apr 14, 2016, 8:39:54 PM4/14/16
to BayesOpt discussion
Hi,
Thanks for creating this useful toolbox.

Is it possible to define a constraint over all of the function input parameters? (e.g if we have two parameters x_1 and x_2, can we ask the Bayes Optimizer to select samples based on the x_1 + x_2 = 1?)

In my case, all the params are continous and in (0,1)

Best,

Ruben Martinez-Cantin

Apr 15, 2016, 11:29:45 AM4/15/16
to Mohammad Hossain Namaki, BayesOpt discussion
Hi,

Why not setting x_2 = 1- x_1? You have only 1 free parameter.

Best,

Ruben

Mohammad Hossain Namaki

Apr 15, 2016, 12:03:50 PM4/15/16
to BayesOpt discussion
Sorry, I wanted to make the problem simpler for the sake of understanding. I have three parameters each in (0,1).
Then, how can I define this constraint?

Ruben Martinez-Cantin

Apr 15, 2016, 3:46:14 PM4/15/16
to Mohammad Hossain Namaki, BayesOpt discussion
See checkReachability function here:
http://rmcantin.bitbucket.org/html/usemanual.html#cppusage

It's currently the only way to set restrictions. Only available at C++
interface and it's experimental.

Best,

Ruben