MATLAB error compile

rovella...@studenti.uniroma1.it

Mar 21, 2016, 6:07:26 PM3/21/16
to BayesOpt discussion
hi all,
I tried to initialize bayesian toolbox with matlab, but when I run compile_matlab.m it return the below error :
>> compile_matlab
/Applications/MATLAB_R2012b.app/bin/mex: line 305: gcc-4.2: command not found
/Applications/MATLAB_R2012b.app/bin/mex: line 1326: gcc-4.2: command not found

    mex: compile of ' "bayesoptmex.c"' failed.

Error using mex (line 206)
Unable to complete successfully.

Error in compile_matlab (line 52)
    mex -output bayesoptcont bayesoptmex.c -L../lib -lbayesopt ...

Ruben Martinez-Cantin

Mar 21, 2016, 7:51:03 PM3/21/16
to rovella...@studenti.uniroma1.it, BayesOpt discussion
Hi,

This looks like Matlab is not properly configured to found gcc. Have
you tried compiling any other mex file? See the example here:
http://es.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/mex.html

If that fails, run "mex -setup" and follow the instructions.

Best,

Ruben