How to import bayesopt if I installed the package in a different path

Kun Kuang

Oct 21, 2017, 1:28:11 AM10/21/17
to BayesOpt discussion

Hi,

I used following commends to install the package:

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/mypath
make
make install

Then it will make a error "ImportError: No module named bayesopt" when I import bayesopt in my python code.

I think there is no problem on the package installing. Therefore, could you tell me how to import the bayesopt package?

Thanks,
Kun

Ruben Martinez-Cantin

Oct 22, 2017, 9:36:19 PM10/22/17
to BayesOpt discussion
Hi,

You should configure PYTHONPATH in your system to include /mypath.

If you want to have a local installation in Python, my recommendation
is to use virtualenv instead. If you have the virtualenv activated
when you install Bayesopt, it should automatically install the package
in the virtualenv and not in the system.

Best,

Ruben