instilling problems

fatemeh amrollahi

May 18, 2016, 12:24:54 PM5/18/16
to BayesOpt discussion
i'm try to install bayesopt and use it on my python program but i'v got this error :

 Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread

Abort trap: 6

and i have no idea to how handle it

Ruben Martinez-Cantin

May 18, 2016, 12:28:58 PM5/18/16
to fatemeh amrollahi, BayesOpt discussion
BayesOpt does not use threads. That error must be somewhere else. Have
you tried executing the demo/examples?

Best,

Ruben

fatemeh amrollahi

May 18, 2016, 1:40:12 PM5/18/16
to BayesOpt discussion, amrolla...@gmail.com, rmca...@unizar.es
yeah and your bo_branin example has worked.but  i'm just trying to import bayesopt and then use it to optimize my neural network hyper parameters  but even i could not  import it

On Wednesday, May 18, 2016 at 12:28:58 PM UTC-4, Ruben Martinez-Cantin wrote:
BayesOpt does not use threads. That error must be somewhere else. Have
you tried executing the demo/examples?

Best,

Ruben

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 3:48 PM, fatemeh amrollahi
<amrolla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i'm try to install bayesopt and use it on my python program but i'v got this
> error :
>
>  Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread
>
> Abort trap: 6
>

> and i have no idea to how handle it

fatemeh amrollahi

May 18, 2016, 1:44:02 PM5/18/16
to BayesOpt discussion, amrolla...@gmail.com, rmca...@unizar.es
but when i want to run your python demo examples scubas demo_quad.py i'v got the same error .

<amrolla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i'm try to install bayesopt and use it on my python program but i'v got this
> error :
>
>  Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread
>
> Abort trap: 6
>

> and i have no idea to how handle it

Ruben Martinez-Cantin

May 18, 2016, 2:34:52 PM5/18/16
to fatemeh amrollahi, BayesOpt discussion
Googling your error seems to be a problem of mixing different python
versions. Read this to solve it:

http://rmcantin.bitbucket.org/html/install.html#notepython

Next time, please be more specific about the problem (OS, Python version, etc)

Ruben

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 7:44 PM, fatemeh amrollahi
<amrolla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> but when i want to run your python demo examples scubas demo_quad.py i'v got
> the same error .
>
> On Wednesday, May 18, 2016 at 12:28:58 PM UTC-4, Ruben Martinez-Cantin
> wrote:
>>
>> BayesOpt does not use threads. That error must be somewhere else. Have
>> you tried executing the demo/examples?
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Ruben
>>
>> On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 3:48 PM, fatemeh amrollahi
>> <amrolla...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > i'm try to install bayesopt and use it on my python program but i'v got
>> > this
>> > error :
>> >
>> > Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread
>> >
>> > Abort trap: 6
>> >

>> > and i have no idea to how handle it
>> >

>> > --

AADbar

May 11, 2018, 5:03:12 PM5/11/18
to BayesOpt discussion
I am having the exact same issue....
running the bo_branin example works fine but when I try to run demo_quad.py I receive the "Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread" error.

I am curious how you finally got yours to work?

Ruben Martinez-Cantin

May 21, 2018, 5:08:46 PM5/21/18
to BayesOpt discussion
Have you tried checking the multiple Python versions issue?

https://rmcantin.bitbucket.io/html/install.html#notepython

Ruben