Run multiple SlickRun instances as different users

Brian King

Sep 24, 2018, 12:57:49 PM9/24/18
to Bayden
Hi

Is there any way to run two different instances of SlickRun at the same time?  I normally run commands as two different users, a standard user and an administrator user.  I would like to have one SlickRun running as the standard user, and the other (with the background color changed to red) as the administrator so as I can run commands from both accounts without being prompted for a password.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks

Brian

EricLaw

Sep 24, 2018, 1:02:49 PM9/24/18
to Bayden
Today, no, I don't think this (using runas.exe to run another user instance of SlickRun) will work because SlickRun checks to see if another window is present and won't start if so.

This should be a pretty simple thing to fix though...

EricLaw

Aug 14, 2019, 6:37:32 PM8/14/19
to Bayden
This is now available in 4.4.8.2. Start SlickRun using runas and pass the -new command line argument.

Be sure to run as a different user, or you may corrupt your data files.