Opensource project ?

selogerpl...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2019, 8:00:23 PM1/19/19
to Bayden
Hi,
SlickRun is an open source project ?
Thanks

EricLaw

Feb 1, 2019, 1:43:10 PM2/1/19
to Bayden
SlickRun is not, presently, open-source, mostly because historically Delphi didn't have much of an open-source community (because it was not a free IDE/compiler).

If there was great interest, I might consider open-sourcing it, but honestly I'm more inclined to try to do an open-source reimplementation atop a more productive/powerful development system (C#).

Hanike Treisce

Feb 7, 2019, 2:48:49 PM2/7/19
to Bayden
We should totally work on that! I'd love to join the train if you ever do it!
Delphi was elegant, beautiful... but C# is just amazing, it's the "future" we live on. And it has so many possibilities!

(C# could fix the eternal issue of sync/losing magic words randomly! lol)