Update for visually impaired

Pierre LeBaux

Jan 5, 2016, 6:29:57 PM1/5/16
to Bayden
1.
It is possible, by any chance, to have bigger fonts... is is possible to go beyond 72? I am visually impaired and my sight is worsening, I use 40" monitor. I am not sure how hard it would be to implement.

2.
You are probably not planing onto big cosmetic upgrades, but would it be possible to add option to disable "rounded" corners? I believe in options, this is named "Window/edge". It looks kinda outdated on windows10.
If you ask why, I am using "large" slickrun on the width of the whole monitor, and the border is jumping to the next monitor and it just looks bad.

Thanks for your time and reply!

EricLaw

Jan 6, 2016, 9:52:38 AM1/6/16
to Bayden
1. To which font do you refer? What is the resolution of your screen?
2. You can do this already. Click Setup > Options > Advanced. *Close SlickRun*. Edit the MainCornerRounding value to MainCornerRounding=0 and save the file. Hit Win+R and type SR to restart.

Pierre LeBaux

Jan 9, 2016, 7:14:38 AM1/9/16
to Bayden

Hi, thanks for response! I tried to put everything on one screenshot.

1. I was unable to remove corners. When I opened configuration file, line MainCornerRounding=0 was missing. So I pasted it to "[Main]" part of config. Force closed slickrun, run, but the corners are still there (pink in screenshot).

2. Font size - system dialog only alows 48, I would prefer to go bigger, I am not sure why it is even limited.

Thanks for your help!

Message has been deleted

EricLaw

Jan 25, 2016, 9:06:16 AM1/25/16
to Bayden
SlickRun 4.3.3 has been released; you can select fonts up to size 144.

On Saturday, January 23, 2016 at 10:37:02 PM UTC-6, EricLaw wrote:
I don't know what "Force closed slickrun" means, but you should simply type QUIT. Note that you must follow the steps in the order I provided, and the MainCornerRounding value (confusingly) goes inside the [General] section.

EricLaw

Feb 19, 2016, 5:59:00 PM2/19/16
to Bayden
Apologies for misspeaking earlier.

The CornerRounding=0 value goes inside the [Main] section.

Pierre LeBaux

Jun 7, 2016, 3:01:05 AM6/7/16
to Bayden
Hi, just updated to the latest version, thank you very much for enabling bigger fonts, it is amazing!
I donated a few bucks, have a beer on me.
you are continuously making Windows usable.

chromax

Jun 14, 2017, 5:47:16 AM6/14/17
to Bayden

Would you generally interested in making some visually tweaks?
Slickrun looks in the default state a little outdated...

Because I´m a designer (the only one on the planet without a mac), I tweaked it as much as possible.

The tool Listary shows how it simple it can be.

But it has huge customizing options, I don´t think that slickrun needs all of this

But the possibility to choose a theme is nice. For slickrun: power users could customize their #skin#.ini in a skins-folder.

Think about it :-)

Pierre LeBaux

Oct 12, 2017, 3:41:15 PM10/12/17
to Bayden
The problem is, that Slickrun is more or less command line execution tool, that has some sort of GUI.
Both Launchy and mac native Spotlight have index of your apps, documents and files as well some extended functionality.
So if you have specific design improvement in mind, propose it, but be aware of the distinction and limitation of no index.
Personally, I am pretty happy with my current slickrun design.
I just use bigger fonts (48+) and Segoe UI.
You can also use transparency or positioning to your advantage.
On one of my monitors I have 96 font size and it is beautiful.
So just mess around, and you can came up with something to your liking.
But in the end of the day... it is command line launcher.

However there is one thing I would love in design department, and that would be sort of autocomplete, hints like in google. Useful? Questionable. Looks cool? Hell to the yes.
Enso launcher killed the design, sadly the project is dead.
Mind you, this is just a typography and it still looks dashing.