Slickcal marks a day in blue

Rob Wiese

Apr 7, 2020, 10:13:38 AM4/7/20
to Bayden

When I launch Slickcal, both todays date is marked (red circle), and February 26th is marked:
I've been using it for this week, and 2/26 is always marked.
I can click on another date, which marks the new date and clears it, but the next time I launch, 2/26 is again marked.

Anyone know why, and how to clear it?

Thanks -
Rob

EricLaw

Apr 7, 2020, 11:04:29 AM4/7/20
to Bayden
Hrm... there shouldn't be any dates marked; I don't see any. What OS are you on? Is there a chance that it's not always 2/26 but instead one month before whatever the current date is?

EricLaw

Apr 7, 2020, 11:05:10 AM4/7/20
to Bayden
Ah. Your picture didn't appear until I replied.

Is this Windows 7, or some other OS?

Rob Wiese

Apr 10, 2020, 11:43:29 AM4/10/20
to bay...@googlegroups.com
Ver reports:
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.720]

The day has moved.  Its now 3/10, or 31 days in the past.  I'll check tomorrow to see if it is 3/11.

Rob

Rob Wiese

H: 916.865.7809

EricLaw

Apr 10, 2020, 4:06:34 PM4/10/20
to Bayden
Very interesting. Are you running SlickRun v4.4.9 (type SETUP then click What's New to check)?

If so, do you have any sort of 3rd-party theming software installed?  I cannot reproduce this on either Windows 7 or Windows 10.

The likely root cause of this issue is that SlickRun tells the Windows calendar control to open with a start date of 1 month in the past, to help ensure that you can see back one month and forward many months. To do that, it sets the "focus" date to a month ago, then sets it back to the current date when the window finishes loading. I'm not sure why it's getting "stuck" on your version.