Marketing Director at The Pear Theatre!

Sinjin Jones

Sep 2, 2021, 4:32:36 PM9/2/21
to BayAreaTheatreBums

The Pear Theatre in Mountain View, California is seeking a part time Marketing Director to begin immediately. The Pear is a community-first theatre that thrives on producing pieces representing a wide variety of voices. The duty of the Marketing Director is to enact this vision through The Pear’s online and community presence. We are committed to hiring candidates that represent the diverse Bay area community. We strongly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds.

The Pear is an organization entering a growth phase, making moves in the industry and moving forward meaningfully. This is a part time position with the hope that we can grow together.

Lots of information below, feel free to email resume to Sin...@ThePear.org

Pear Mission:

Pear Theatre was founded in 2002 with a mission to offer theatre that challenges our community to see all aspects of our world fully, with intellectually stimulating, emotionally powerful, and professional productions. We are dedicated to engaging diverse voices in our programming and to fostering an inclusive environment in all aspects of our work as artists, staff, volunteers and audience.

Equity Commitment:

Pear Theatre places equity at the core of what we do. In order to fulfill our mission, we strive to share stories that represent the full spectrum of human experience. We consistently engage with our past and present missteps with regards to equity, and we commit to moving ourselves, our artists, our patrons, and our community toward a more equitable, just, and inclusive artistic world.

  • Pear Theatre policy promotes fair treatment, access, opportunity, and advancement for all people.  We have published and posted guidelines in the Pear People Policy to ensure that all activities at the Pear are free of hazards, abuse, discrimination, harassment and bullying.

  • In 2020, we instituted hiring guidelines to engage 50% artists from diverse backgrounds (as defined as nonwhite, not cis-gender, queer) in the 2020/2021 Season. We are meeting this goal, and we are committed to hiring 60% of our artists from diverse backgrounds for the 2021-2022 Season.

  • Our theatre is designed to be physically accessible to people with disabilities and we welcome their participation.

  • We are implementing outreach programs to identify and hire more artists, engage more students, and cultivate greater audiences from members of the BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ communities.

We recognize that we have not and will never achieve perfection but will work every day to get closer to a truly representative, safe, and equitable artistic environment.

Duties

The Marketing Director manages all media relations, social media,  and email listservs. Due to the ebb and flow of production, there is a heavy lift period as a production opening and a lull directly following this time.

Manage Media Relations (~5 hours per week)

  • With AD, create and distribute press releases for each production and distribute to both long and short lead publications with available photos.

  • Coordinate requests for information and interviews with press outlets in a timely and efficient fashion

  • Compile materials for press kits on Google Drive

  • Share all press links with AD, show staff, and Board of Directors

  • Invite local theatre writers, editors, and media to shows.

Manage Social Media (~5 hours per week)

  • With AD and other marketing personnel, create social media calendar to plan posting schedule.

  • As per Social Media Calendar, Post weekly to Pear Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter feeds .

  • As per Social Media calendar, manage email list and send weekly email blasts with various promotional materials.

Communication (~2 hours per week)

  • With AD, create and format Season and show programs with Ad spaces, coordinate cast and crew names and bios for each show.

  • Share promotional materials with all stakeholders

Additionally, this person will attend one staff meeting per month. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about art and communication, someone that can help The Pear grow and push us forward.

This is a part time, hourly position. 12 hours per week, paid bi-weekly.