Join us (virtually) in saying NO MORE HIROSHIMAS or Nagasakis at Livermore Nuclear Weapons Labs Aug 9

David Hartsough

Aug 8, 2021, 10:32:20 PM8/8/21
to Bay area Quakers, SF Quakers
Friends,

Hope you would can join us at Livermore tomorrow, Monday, Nagasaki Day at Livermore Labs virtually to say NO to Nuclear weapons and the madness of nuclear war. See the  link below. Daniel Ellsberg, a Hibakusha from Nagasaki bombing and others will be joining us.
Sending warm greetings to all of you.
Peace,
David Hartsough

Join us in saying NO MORE HIROSHIMAS or Nagasakis at Livermore Nuclear Weapons Labs Aug 6 and 9

Virtual Hiroshima-Nagasaki Rally and March

at the Livermore Nuclear Weapons Lab

Monday, Aug. 9, 9:00 am PDT (pre-recorded);

UPDATED INVITATION:

Aug. 9th – Nagasaki Day – 9 AM Pacific

We invite you to participate on August 9th at 9 AM Pacific in an amazing virtual rally with Nagasaki survivor, Nobuaki Hanaoka, Daniel Ellsberg, Nell Myhand, Tsukuru Fors, John Burroughs, Marylia Kelley, Marshallese climate activists and more! Betsy Rose, Benjamin Mertz, and Francis Wong provide the music.

NOTES & LINK: Northern California peace and justice groups planned this commemoration, which first ran on August 6 and will now run on August 9 in its entirety.

We had some technical problems on August 6 with program’s live opening remarks at Livermore Nuclear Weapons Lab. Among other things, the Lab tried to drown out our opening with a lawnmower! But we brought truth and light and would not be “turned around” by garden equipment.

The problems have been fixed and we’re excited that the entire program will be rebroadcast at 9 AM on Monday, August 9 at Nuclear Weapons & Climate Change August 9 - YouTube

The August 9 program opens with “live” August 6 footage at the gates of Livermore Lab and continues with speakers and musicians who were prerecorded. A few of the opening remarks may be difficult to hear. Please listen carefully and stay tuned for the inspiring prerecorded session that follows.

The full program runs about 1 hour 50 minutes. Written transcripts will be available at www.trivalleycares.org and www.wslfweb.org.

Again, your August 9 link is Nuclear Weapons & Climate Change August 9 - YouTube

If you experience an issue with the link, no worries, we have a backup https://youtu.be/mK5vnrfQgrA

For program details and speakers’ bios, click here.

For texts of speakers’ presentations, click here.