Black Quaker Film Festival

1 view

David Hartsough

Feb 13, 2022, 11:12:44 PM2/13/22
to SF Quakers, Bay area Quakers

Friends,

I am sending the information I received from the Black Quaker Film Festival   Please forward to anyone who would be interested.  The films are excellent!

Follow this link to learn more about the The Black Quaker Film Festival and register for the zoom presentations each Saturday at 10:00 p.m. CA time from 12 February to 9 April.  The first film is about the new Quaker United Nations Office (Geneva) Director, Nozizwe Madlala-Routledge.

Saturday, 12 February 2022: I Am A Woman - Leap of Faith: Nozizwe Madlala-Routledge (2012)

  • Honoring Nozizwe Madlala-Routledge (b. 1952): Quaker United Nations Office (QUNO)-Geneva Director, former South African Deputy Minister of Health, and former South African Deputy Minister of Defense.
  • Featuring a discussion between the honoree and AFSC General Secretary Joyce Ajlouny.

In the Light,

David Hartsough

--
David Hartsough, author of WAGING PEACE: Global Adventures of a Lifelong Activist, PM Press 2014. (Available at www.pmpress.org)

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world:
Indeed it's the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead