4 Online Sessions with Ben Pink Dandelion

1 view

Jay Cash

Jan 12, 2022, 4:14:17 PMJan 12
to Bay Area Quakers
THE HEART OF THE QUAKER WAY
with Ben Pink Dandelion
ONLINE: 4 Tuesdays from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (PT)
January 18 to February 8, 2022

There seems a great need to refresh our understanding of why we do things the way we do. Join Ben Pink Dandelion for four 90-minute online sessions as we look at the essential elements of the Quaker way, outlining the ideals of Quaker community life as well as its challenges. We’ll have plenty of time for questions and discussion. Equally suitable for newcomers or those with many years of experience.

Ben Pink Dandelion began his academic work in Quaker studies in the late 1980s, co-founding the Quaker Studies Research Association in 1993. He was assistant Director of the Center for Quaker Studies at the University of Sunderland, 1994-98, and then initiated what is now the Center for Research in Quaker Studies in 1998. He specializes in the sociology of religion although he has also published in history, theology, spirituality, travel and urban studies.

Ben teaches online Quaker studies modules at Lancaster in the history of Quaker theology and the sociology of Quakerism. He has edited Quaker Studies for the past  25 years, and sits on the Steering Group of the American Academy of Religion Quaker Studies Unit.

Payment Methods:
  • Personal and Monthly Meeting Subscription Passes**
  • Reduced rate: $100
  • Standard rate: $200
  • Comprehensive rate: $300
We want you to join us. Please do not let cost be an obstacle. Additional scholarships are available if necessary. Please ask if you are in need.

See Quaker Center's full program calendar here

If you have questions, email Co-Director Susan Wilson at susan...@quakercenter.org.