IN PERSON Year End Retreat at Quaker Center

1 view

Jay Cash

Nov 21, 2021, 5:56:35 PM11/21/21
to Bay Area Quakers

Dear Friends,

It’s time to return to Quaker Center for an IN-PERSON retreat! Lucretia Humphrey is a great retreat leader and I believe this 5-day workshop with accommodations in a beautiful forest and some wonderful fool is well worth the event cost. It’s a great way to welcome in the new year and it’s also a great deal.

Best,

Jay Cash

Quaker Center Trustee

j...@futureofworship.org

---------------

QUAKER CENTER YEAR-END RETREAT: “LISTENING IN THE DARK OF WINTER”

·       A Five-Day, IN-PERSON Retreat

·       Taking place on campus at Quaker Center in Ben Lomond, CA

·       Led by Lucretia Humphrey.

·       December 28, 2021 – January 1, 2022

Listening implies that beneath all that we exchange is a foundation of hope. In the darkness of the year and of the world, we turn inwardly. Through faith we are grounded, so that our listening can be more expansive. In this New Year’s Eve Retreat we will take five days to explore ways of listening to ourselves, to one another, to Earth, and to Spirit.

For centuries, Quakers have had, at the heart of our practice, the meeting for Worship, a time set aside to corporately listen, deeply, to the Spirit. We have listened to find the Light in one another, to help each other find the way forward in clearness meetings, to create community through the response to queries in worship sharing, and to find the Light within our hearts and bodies.

The retreat will use poetry, worship sharing, worship, writing, journaling, discussion, and art in this exploration.

Program Schedule: http://www.quakercenter.org/quaker-center-year-end-retreat-tentative-schedule/

Registration:  https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScfkiSNfTdMbrRpZzo3ATzmYbAnSGrwdIKOf2GVjk7kDt468w/viewform

Fees: We want you to join us. Please do not let cost be an obstacle. Scholarships are available if necessary. Please ask if in need.

·       $300.00 Reduced rate; covers our expenses and sometimes a bit more

·       $400.00 Covers our direct costs, including honorarium for presenter and elder

·       $500.00 Comprehensive rate: including staff time, long-term maintenance of the facilities.

·       Individual and Meeting program subscription passes are welcome.

For more information, email Quaker Center at ma...@quakercenter.org .

Lucretia Humphrey is a member of the Montana Gathering of Friends Monthly Meeting (North Pacific Yearly Meeting). She has served as presiding clerk of NPYM and is the clerk of the board of Western Friend.

Following a career as a school counselor from kindergarten through high school, she was drawn to leading retreats. She has had training as a retreat leader and participated in a series of four Parker Palmer Courage and Renewal retreats held at Pendle Hill. For the past six years she has led weekend and one day retreats for Quakers and non-Quakers, including the February 2020 retreat at Quaker Center: HOW THEN SHALL I LIVE?

Jay Cash

Nov 21, 2021, 7:24:46 PM11/21/21
to Bay Area Quakers
In the message I just sent, it should read "wonderful food"...not wonderful fool. :)