Still time to join tomorrow's Rally Save Solar in SF

David Hartsough

Jan 12, 2022, 1:17:59 PM1/12/22
to SF Quakers, Bay area Quakers
Friends,
For everyone concerned about climate change, The Public Utility Company is trying to penalize people with solar. There will be a demonstration tomorrow - Thursday at 11am at Civic Center Plaza. See the below announcement for more information.
Warm Greetings and Peace,
David

And what you can do if you can’t make it
Hi Robert,
On Monday, two reporters asked Governor Newsom where he stood on the CA Public Utilities Commission’s proposal to penalize people for choosing solar energy, and whether the proposal needed to be changed.
The Governor's answer: "We still have work to do...Do I think changes should be made? Yes, I do." View his full response to the first and the second question.
The good news: The Governor publicly said that the current CPUC proposal is not acceptable. I have no doubt this is a result of your calls, letters and emails.
The bad news: The Governor did not specify what changes he wants. He needs to come out clearly against penalizing people for going solar, and in favor of making rooftop solar more affordable, not less.
What that means for you, me and everyone else: We have to keep the pressure on, and step it up even more.
If you can, please attend the Rally to Save Solar tomorrow (Thursday) at 11am at Civic Center Plaza in San Francisco. Hundreds of solar users, workers and supporters will march with signs and banners to protest the CA Public Utilities Commission’s proposal to penalize people for choosing solar energy.
The rally is intended to get more TV, radio and newspaper outlets to report on the depth and breath of public opposition to penalizing people for going solar. More media coverage means more pressure on Governor Newsom to take a clear stand in favor of keeping solar affordable. We are holding an identical event in Los Angeles with the same goal.
If you can't make the rally tomorrow, please consider these two actions instead:
1) Call the Governor tomorrow, even if you have called before. His number is 916-445-2841. Here's a sample script
2) Hand-write a short letter to the Governor and mail it the old-fashioned way, through the US Postal Service! So few people send written letters anymore that your letter is more likely to be noticed. Here is his address: 1021 O Street, Suite 9000 Sacramento, CA 95814
— Dave Rosenfeld, Executive Director
P.S. Here is a fact sheet on the CPUC’s proposal with citations. Below is a drone shot of last month's "human billboard" at the State Capitol. It was really fun to pull off, and it helped get media attention. I hope you can join us tomorrow!
Solar Rights Alliance
302 Washington St
# 150-5062
San Diego, CA 92103
United States
unsubscribe
Please consider a donation to Solar Rights Alliance.

--
David Hartsough, author of WAGING PEACE: Global Adventures of a Lifelong Activist,
PM press 2014. Available through Peaceworkers for $20 at 721 Shrader St., San Francisco, CA 94117.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world:
Indeed it's the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead