Devil May Cry 4 FX

Drew

Jan 27, 2008, 6:08:54 PM1/27/08
to Bay Area VFX
You guys checked out the devil may cry 4 demo? (it just came out on
xbox live) The effects look dope:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29991.html?type=mov

I especially like dante's weapon trails, but I can't tell if they're
done with some kind of ribbon/trail rendering tech or something else.
It also looks like they have screenspace radial blur hooked into their
effect system - you can see it in some of the explosions. Pretty
sweet.

Nice

Jan 28, 2008, 12:09:00 AM1/28/08
to Bay Area VFX
yeah, its pretty nice. And at 60fps, pretty fun and smooth. I like
the impacts when you hit them and how directional they are to your
attacks. In general its a bit to fantasy for me personally on the
effects side, but pretty solid overall.