new feature in Klipper to combat ringing

Elliot

Aug 1, 2020, 4:10:13 PM8/1/20
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Hello nice people!

I hope you're all doing well (or well enough) and I thought of you all as I saw a recent update to Klipper (what I'm using for firmware these days) to combat ringing by actively counteracting it:

Elliot

jorwex

Aug 2, 2020, 9:58:36 AM8/2/20
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Hi Elliott,

Have you been using Klipper vs Marlin?

Jordan

Elliot

Aug 2, 2020, 1:10:22 PM8/2/20
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Jordan,

I stopped using Marlin long ago, since migrating to Smoothie first when I was still in San Jose, then I moved to RepRap Firmware (via Duet boards) when I splurged on a fancy giant delta and was thoroughly spoiled by RRF's ability to have a web interface (DWC) and reconfigure it without having to futz with recompilation or a microsd card, but Duet boards are pricey (~$170).

Klipper is a good budget option of RRF in my opinion, though Panucatt has recently come out with http://www.panucatt.com/kinetica_g2c_reprap_3d_printer_controller_p/kg2c.htm which looks interesting and is a *lot* cheaper (~$80?) than Duet boards, but still not as cheap as Klipper (though it's close!)

Klipper also has some crazy features to it, but I don't use them for the most part. I just use it as a cheap way of having DWC2 on my printers using some nice drivers (https://www.biqu.equipment/products/bigtreetech-skr-mini-e3-control-board-32-bit-integrated-tmc2209-uart-for-ender-4 + $20 Raspberry pi 3a+) for a total of ~$60. It is/was very different from Marlin/Smoothie/RRF and a little finicky at times, but I don't have much in the way of regrets.

I'm also using Klipper for my plotter.

Elliot

jorwex

Aug 2, 2020, 8:12:24 PM8/2/20
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info. My poor old Graber is in a box at the moment and deserves some love. One of these days I'll upgrade its Arduino Mega.

Maybe I'll take another look at Klipper. That new feature certainly looks novel. I wonder if it'll make its way into the other firmwares.