Next meeting 3/20

Ken Snyder

Mar 13, 2019, 10:47:32 PM3/13/19
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com

Next Meeting 3/20:

This next meeting is one week from tonight at the usual place and time, 7pm at TheShop.build in San Jose.  The meeting is open to the public and is free to attend.  Please RSVP here to attend.

At the next meeting we will be having a swap meet for 3D printers, parts, filament, everything related to 3D printing.  If you have an old printer that needs work to get it going again, this would be a good meeting to attend.  Bring your old parts and and printer, working or not, so we can match parts needed with what’s available.  If you’re looking for something in particular, message the group to see if someone has the part so they’ll know to bring it.  Or if it’s a printed part, someone might print it for you beforehand.

There will also be an artist coming that does makes molds for casting glass.  Her name is Jinni.  She is looking at using 3D printed objects to make the molds using the lost wax method except using PLA instead.  I’ve seen this done on YouTube for metal molds.  It will be interesting to talk to her about casting glass and see how it works out.