Save the Date! "Exploring the Intersections: Sexual Violence, Colonialism & Trauma”

margare...@berkeley.edu

Jan 29, 2015, 4:36:02 PM1/29/15
to bay-area-native-ame...@googlegroups.com

Hello!

I wanted to extend an invitation to members of the American Indian Graduate Program to attend an event I am organizing through the UC Berkeley Gender Equity Resource Center titled "Exploring the Intersections: Sexual Violence, Colonialism & Trauma” which will take place Thursday February 19th 4-6pm at the UC Berkeley Multicultural Community Center. This event seeks to spark conversation at UC Berkeley concerning how racialized violence intersects with sexual violence. In particular, this event focuses on the compounding impacts of racism, colonialism and patriarchy in Native American women’s experiences with sexual violence.

For more information about the event, I will direct you to the FB page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1532992853644431/?pnref=story

Please feel free to distribute information about this event to any groups or community members who might be interested in attending this event. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions. I hope to see some of you there!

Best,

Meg

Meg Perret

UC Berkeley I Class of 2015

Gender Equity Resource Center Intern

B.A. Integrative Biology

B.A. Interdisciplinary Studies: Science, Technology & Society

B.A. Gender & Women’s Studies