California Consortium for Urban Indian Health looking for Data Support Interns for GONA project

8 zobrazení
Přeskočit na první nepřečtenou zprávu

Sabine Nicole Talaugon

nepřečteno,
21. 1. 2015 12:28:2121.01.15
komu: bay-area-native-ame...@googlegroups.com

The California Consortium for Urban Indian Health works with several interns on projects related to public policy, research, data analysis, and marketing/design. CCUIH is happy to work with interns to earn academic credit.

Currently, we are looking for interns for  our Gathering of Native Americans (GONA) research project in partnership with One Fire Associates. Applications for these positions are accepted on a rolling basis, but the priority deadline is February 9, 2015. See below to learn more about this project.

Data Support Intern

Location: Presidio National Park, San Francisco

Commitment: At least 8 hours/week, Minimum 1 semester

Organization’s Description:

The California Consortium for Urban Indian Health (CCUIH) supports health promotion and access for American Indians living in cities throughout California. Established in 2006, CCUIH is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) statewide alliance of Urban Indian health organizations and substance abuse treatment facilities collectively referred to as UIHOs. By blending the leadership and experience of our consortium members with shared resource development, and by combining applied research with educational and policy advocacy efforts, CCUIH offers innovative strategies to support the health and wellness needs of the Urban Indian community in California.

Position Summary:

CCUIH is working in collaboration with One Fire Associates on a cross-site evaluation of Gathering of Native Americans (GONA) activities. The GONA is a culturally specific substance abuse prevention activity that helps communities heal from historical trauma through understanding and healing of self, family, and community. Our intention is to build the evidence of GONA as an effective therapeutic intervention for urban Indian populations. The Data Support Intern will assist this evaluation through data entry and analysis. (Click here for more information about GONA)

Job Duties:

- Effectively enter data into SPSS

- Manage a growing dataset with some supervision

- Assist with quantitative data analysis

- Contribute to the dissemination of data findings

- Work effectively as part of a team

- Other duties as assigned by supervisor

Required Skills:

- Coursework or experience in statistics

- Preferred: Experience working with SPSS or similar data platform

- Ability to work independently and take initiative

To Apply:

Send resume and cover letter speaking to your data experience and interest in the GONA project to sab...@ccuih.org.

For more information check our website: http://ccuih.org/volunteerinternships/

Odpovědět všem