Alternative Supports Generating Plug-ins for Cura

Cassie Kise

May 17, 2024, 3:32:06 PMMay 17
to bay-area-mak...@googlegroups.com, Hannah Fox
Hi folks,

One aspect of my role here at Athenian is that we support summer program courses.

One of our summer faculty who works with elementary school kids is curious if there are alternative programs/plug-ins for generating model supports in Cura. The issue that he has with the supports in Cura is that the kids really struggle with removing the supports due to their density. We've messed with the settings in Cura, but have yet to explore other alternatives and are hoping folks here have suggestions.

Thanks all and good luck in these final weeks!
Cassie

--

The Athenian School Exchange Blog – Hear from Athenian students on exchange  & other Round Square adventures

Cassie Kise (she/her/hers)

Director of the Carter Innovation Studios

The Athenian School

2100 Mt. Diablo Scenic Blvd.

Danville, CA 94506

Office: 925-362-7266

Life is an adventure of intellectual exploration and meaningful contribution.

Athenian Faculty: Book a 30 minute CIS Curriculum Consultation with me.