Looking for a maker space org to host our students!

Dora E Medrano Ramos

Apr 12, 2024, 1:55:31 PMApr 12
to Bay Area Maker Educators
Hi folks,

I’m the Applied Math teacher at a small school in Oakland called the Freedom School. I’m looking for an amazing org who would be willing to host our some of our students in engaging makerspace experiences.

At the end of our academic year, we are taking students on Freedom Journeys, which is an opportunity for us to take learning outside the classroom through daily field trips and hands-on experiences (April 29-May 24). The theme for the class I’m leading is “Makerspace & Technology.”

The org that was going to host us for 2 weeks and teach us laser cutting + 3D printing is now unavailable. Would anyone in this amazing community be willing to let us (3 students + 2 teachers) tour/have a workshop/learn a tool/visit a museum/ or learn about your makerspace sometime during the week of April 29 and/or May 20?

Thank you in advance for making this experience possible for us!! 🙏🏼

Diego Fonstad

Apr 16, 2024, 8:56:46 PMApr 16
to Dora E Medrano Ramos, Bay Area Maker Educators
Imagination Supply Co's manufacturing facility uses many maker tools (3D printer farm, laser cutters, milling... as well as more advanced electronics manufacturing tools such as pick and place machines and robotic soldering) and we have hosted small groups of students in person or virtually over the years.  We also often host a SFUSD intern or two in the summer.
We are at 1890 Bryant St. in between the Mission and Potrero in San Francisco (15 minute walk to BART or there's a MUNI stop out front).
Contact me directly if interested.
Diego

Diego Fonstad
Founder