Repair Professional Developement - Agency by Design Oakland

Aaron Vanderwerff

May 24, 2024, 12:00:42 PMMay 24
to Bay Area Maker Educators

Sharing a professional development opportunity from AbDOakland.

Repair is an often overlooked skill that is becoming more necessary in the world in which we find ourselves. If you are a K-12 educator interested in sustainability, hands-on learning, STEAM, and critical thinking, join us!

June 1st, 9:30-2pm in Oakland. You can register here.

Cultivating a Repair Mindset with your students provides opportunities to cultivate their thinking about systems as well as their personal and collective agency.

Join us for this free, interactive workshop where we will experience powerful tools for cultivating a repair mindset.

In this workshop, you will:

  • Explore key concepts in repair and maker-centered learning
  • Try out repair-based thinking routines & be inspired to use them with our learners
  • Engage in the richness of repair of objects

Open to all K-12 Bay Area educatorsunnamed.jpg