design events this week & next @UC Berkeley's Jacobs Institute for Design Innovation

Sabrina Merlo

Dec 4, 2023, 12:51:22 AM12/4/23
to bay-area-mak...@googlegroups.com
Hello Bay Area Maker Educators,

I am reaching out with an invitation to attend upcoming end-of-the-semester events showcasing the work of UC Berkeley's Jacobs Institute for Design Innovation & Berkeley Master of Design students. Next week we will be celebrating culminating student projects at our traditional open house, and then the following, recognizing the graduation and capstone work of our masters program’s third cohort.

Jacobs Winter 2023 Design Showcase // Wednesday & Thursday, December 6th & 7th, noon—5:30 PM, Jacobs Hall

Over the course of these two days, students will showcase work from more than 10 courses hosted at Jacobs Hall, including two Master of Design core courses. Also on display will be club projects, individual proposals, and innovative prototypes supported by the Institute's Innovation Catalysts grant program. With ideas spanning robotics, mobility, social impact, and manufacturing, the showcase will highlight the diversity of the design ecosystem at Jacobs Hall and Cal.  Also: tour the Jacobs Hall Makerspace.  **Just added: on Wednesday at 1:30PM, the CalSol racing team will unveil their new solar-powered race vehicle, Excalibur.   Please RSVP to attend.

FLUX, MDes2023 Graduate Exhibition // Friday, December 15th, 4—7 PM, Jacobs Hall

We are pleased to present FLUX, the graduate exhibition of the third cohort of the MDes program on Dec 15. The Graduate Exhibition will take over two floors of Jacobs Hall and feature thirty-six installations. These capstone projects are the culmination of the graduates’ academic journeys as Master of Design students, and evidence their new fluency in working with emerging technologies as creative materials. Please RSVP to attend.

Hope to see some of you at Jacobs Hall this week or next! Sabrina

Message has been deleted