Design for Belonging (free virtual workshop!)

Dora Elena Medrano Ramos

Jan 18, 2024, 5:41:36 PMJan 18
to Bay Area Maker Educators
Agency by Design Oakland is hosting a free virtual workshop this Saturday, Jan 20 from 9:30-11:30 PT. Check it out and let me know if you have any questions!
🗓️ We all Long to Belong | Virtual Workshop

What moments shape our sense of belonging? What contributes to our feelings of being othered? Belonging is a fundamental human need and as educators, we need to create healthy opportunities for students to feel like they are seen, heard, and valued. We can begin by naming how belonging is constructed in our lives, schools systems, and communities.

Join us in this virtual workshop where we will reimagine what belonging looks like in our current landscape. Using the Design for Belonging framework, along with reflection and discussion, educators will become aware of the process of feeling, seeing, and shaping belonging; surface our own biases in order to reduce othering; and collaborate on ways to design our classrooms as spaces of belonging.

 🔗 Register here: tinyurl.com/AbDOEvents

2024 Jan Belonging.png

Message has been deleted