Organising meeting tomorrow at Kurilpa Hall, 174 Boundary Street, West End, has been called by Hands Off Syria - Brisbane

Allborn Equalrights

Sep 23, 2016, 9:18:29 AM9/23/16
to Brisbane Anti-War Co-ordinating Committee
Tomorrow (Saturday 24th September 2016 an organising meeting at Kurilpa Hall, 174 Boundary Street, West End, has been called by Hands Off Syria - Brisbane.

All who oppose the war on Syria, and who would like to build a campaign to educate the public of the harm caused by the continuing US-UK-Australia war of proxy terror groups and bombing against Syria are welcome.

The Australian air force’s involvement last weekend in the slaughter and injury of hundreds of Syrian soldiers defending their country against ISIS and other terrorists arises directly from Australia’s endless participation in war after war in other people’s countries at the behest of US imperialism.

Australia from the start has supported the criminal US enterprise in Syria - of targeting and destroying a sovereign nation to advance US imperial interests in the Middle East.

While the USA and “allies” such as Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Turkey have recruited and unleashed jihadi death squads on Syria, to terrorise and slaughter its people, to destroy the country and to bring about “regime change”, the Australian government has aided the effort by enforcing US-imposed sanctions on Syria that above all hurt the Syrian people.

Australian military aircraft have been carrying out airstrikes in Syria, under US direction at least since 2015.

Australian Special Forces have been training the ‘rebels’ that are intended to carry out ‘regime change’ in Syria, as part of the US coalition to topple the Assad government, but using the ISIS threat as a cover.

It was inevitable that such involvement, criminal in its very nature, would lead to Australian military forces’ involvement in such a ‘mistake’ as the air strikes on Deir al-Zor.

That this ‘mistake’ was accidental defies belief – this area has always been held by the Syrian Army, despite a long term siege of the town by jihadi forces. For the last two years only two parties have been fighting each other in this part of Syria: the Syrian army and ISIS.

There are no forces present in the Deir al-Zor area that the USA can claim to be US allies. However there is an airbase and the United States wants the Syrian Air Force grounded – to be brought under a ‘No Fly’ zone. Letting ISIS take it over is a way to do this.

This is also the second time that the USA has ‘accidentally’ struck Syrian troops defending the Deir al-Zor airbase from ISIS mercenaries, this time enabling ISIS to capture a defence line near the base.

The Deir al-Zor incident shows that the US line that it is supporting ‘moderate’ anti-Assad forces while also prosecuting a war against ISIS is a sham. The USA is now exposed as openly backing ISIS against Syrian forces to bring about its goal of regime change.

Australia is part of a criminal war. Its involvement with the slaughter at Deir al-Zor means it is now directly responsible for a war crime.
It has become a rogue nation, part of a predatory coalition willing to use jihadi terrorists, including Al Qaeda and ISIS, to overthrow a legitimate government.

Ian Curr

Sep 23, 2016, 6:04:37 PM9/23/16
to ba...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

The time of the meeting is 1pm on Saturday, 24 September 2016.

Ian Curr
Paradigm Shift (4ZZZ fm 102.1 Fridays at noon)

Ray Bergmann

Sep 24, 2016, 3:13:30 AM9/24/16
to ba...@googlegroups.com
I went there just after 2 PM and it was all closed up.
So I'm not sure what happened. I just sent a message to Adam Radek at
facebook's Us/aust - No War on Syria: "Adam, what happened to the
meeting? I went there just after 2 PM and it was all closed up."

There is a message on the site posted 20 September 7.07pm:
For all those interested in this meeting or future activities of Hands
Off Syria - Brisbane, contact: Adam 0421 408 692

Sorry if anyone else turned up to, and I have given false directions.

Ray