Sub-pixel accuracy using periodic bars

Ger

Apr 3, 2013, 3:43:13 AM4/3/13
to baud...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sigblip,

The baudline manual section about the periodic bars states: "Hit the left or right arrow keys and/or turn the mouse scroll wheel to perform fine tune adjusting of the fundamental frequency.  Sub-pixel / inner-bin accuracy can be achieved this way."

However, when I am trying to determine the frequency of a signal, the frequency measurement (right top in the spectrum part of the main window) only is updated when the '0' periodicity bar moves a whole pixel. When I move the bars around using the arrow keys or scroll wheel, the uppermost harmonic bar moves about one pixel per key press, but the '0' bar moves only once every seven or eight key presses, and the frequency display is only updated when the '0' bar moves.

Is this behaviour as designed, or am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks again!

baudline

Apr 3, 2013, 2:08:22 PM4/3/13
to baud...@googlegroups.com