Baudline on OpenSuSE 12.3 / KDE ? libXmu.so.6 not found...

GPS

May 31, 2013, 10:47:50 AM5/31/13
to baud...@googlegroups.com
Hi, time ago I posted my experience to get Baudline running on 12.1 with pulseaudio.
It was a matetr of just running it as:

aoss ,/baudline

And about the mixer issue on OpenSuSE, not showing the channels/inputs/outputs properly, the best way to get Kmix working better was:

alt+F2

kwrite ~/.bashrc

Add this line at the end: export KMIX_PULSEAUDIO_DISABLE=1

So no need of pavucontrol here...

However, I am having problems to run Baudline under 12.3.

The error is: "error while loading shared libraries: libXmu.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

But the file/library is installed (by libXmu6). Stuck on this step.

any idea to get baudline finding this library?

Many thanks in advance.

Box: AMD Phenom X6 / ASUS Crosshair IV / 16GB ram

GPS

May 31, 2013, 10:57:27 AM5/31/13
to baud...@googlegroups.com
Do not worry, it seems like my copy was corrupt or something like that. I just downloaded baudline 1.08 again, and it ran perfectly.
Thanks! and enjoy this great application.

GPS

May 31, 2013, 11:15:00 AM5/31/13
to baud...@googlegroups.com
Well that was too fast... Baudline runs but no devices are found.
rc restart does not solve the problem. Since the error is
"No such device or address SNDCTL_DSP_SETFMT" and has been posted a workaround for 64bits boxes by installing the 32-bit libaoss library, I guess that is the next step to get Baudline running on OpenSuSE 12.3. However, I never felt confortable with downgrading the architecture.

Have anybody got Baudine running on a x64 box with OpenSuSE 12.3, without installing 32 bit AOSS libraries?
Many thanks in advance...