Baudline GPL?

Ger

Nov 8, 2018, 1:03:04 PM11/8/18
to baudline

Dear Sigblip,

About 10 years ago you wrote that you were considering releasing the Baudline source code under a open license like GPL [1]. Unfortunately this never happened due to lack of enthusiasm from Sourceforge and Redhat.

I am still a regular Baudline user, and I bet I am not alone. Unfortunately, Baudline is slowly showing its age - for example, it is kind of hard to get audio to work reliably on modern distros because of Pulseaudio.

Is there a chance that you would reconsider opening the source code under some kind of open license? With the coming if Github and the likes a lot has changed in the ecosystems of open source development, releasing the code might attract interested developers to keep Baudline up to date with modern Linux or add features.

Thanks a lot!

Grégoire Hubert

Nov 8, 2018, 1:21:15 PM11/8/18
to baud...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Side note: you can use baudline with pulseaudio

parec --channels=1 --latency-msec=2 | ./baudline -stdin -stdout | pacat

Still, it would be a good idea to have an open source version of baudline, I have been using it for years to measure amplifiers’ distorsion, it’s a unique tool, thank you.
--
Grégoire

--
You are subscribed to the Google Groups "baudline" group.

Grégoire HUBERT
Pomm : http://www.pomm-project.org