[baudline] setiQuest articles,

Gerr

May 14, 2010, 8:48:45 AM5/14/10
to baudline

Hi Sigblip,

Just a short note to let you know I love the setiQuest articles on the
baudline blog. A very in-depth discussion of advanced baudline usage,
definately worth a read.

Thank you!

--
You are subscribed to the Google Groups "baudline" group.

Sig Blip

Jun 17, 2010, 2:20:48 PM6/17/10
to baud...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, glad you like them. My favorite setiQuest reports so far have been:

http://baudline.blogspot.com/2010/04/setiquest-kepler-exo4-1420-mhz.html
http://baudline.blogspot.com/2010/05/setiquest-exoplanet-060.html
http://baudline.blogspot.com/2010/06/setiquest-pulsar-psr-b032954.html

All three of those have a modulated signal in them. I've also
attempted to make a HOWTO tutorial:

http://baudline.blogspot.com/2010/05/setiquest-tutorial.html

It needs more work but I'm not sure if I should add more basic DSP
theory or higher level baudline tricks or both?

I don't know why but nobody seems to be using baudline over at the
setiQuest forums. The situation is sort of sad. So if you like using
baudline and you like searching for weak signals and you would like
free access to some high quality radio telescope data then definitely
check it out. Who knows, you might learn some Astrophysics and
advanced DSP theory.

Ger

Jun 21, 2010, 1:37:44 AM6/21/10
to baudline

> I don't know why but nobody seems to be using baudline over at the
> setiQuest forums.

Maybe people do (I do) but they have nothing to add (I don't) to your
already very deep and detailed analyses :)

Sig Blip

Sep 22, 2010, 4:24:58 PM9/22/10
to baud...@googlegroups.com
New setiQuest blog report for the Deep Impact satellite telemetry
data. It has a curved drifting random walk, modulation, self
similarity, and a "surprising discovery that gets even stranger."

http://baudline.blogspot.com/2010/09/setiquest-deep-impact.html

Sig Blip

Sep 26, 2010, 9:20:04 PM9/26/10
to baudline
The SETI Institute did a re-observation of Kepler-4 and uploaded a
couple of data sets. Data from the original observation had an
interesting drifting FSK signal at a low baud rate. I analyzed this
new data and found another modulated signal in roughly the same
position relative to Hydrogen. This could get interesting:

http://baudline.blogspot.com/2010/09/setiquest-kepler-4b-redux.html

Sig Blip

Dec 25, 2010, 5:42:20 PM12/25/10
to baudline
New Lagrange-4 setiQuest blog report. Analyzed the L4 1420, 2008, 3991
MHz datasets. Many interesting signals, some with modulation
characteristics. Several demonstration videos too.

http://baudline.blogspot.com/2010/11/setiquest-lagrange-4.html

Sig Blip

Mar 11, 2011, 9:41:34 PM3/11/11
to baudline
A quick signal analysis of the NASA Voyager probe data. Found the
Doppler drifting signal in the setiQuest data with baudline's Auto
Drift feature.

http://baudline.blogspot.com/2011/03/setiquest-voyager.html

baudline

Dec 4, 2012, 1:07:51 PM12/4/12
to baud...@googlegroups.com

The SETI Institute has spotted the NASA Voyager 1 space probe again with the Allen Telescope Array (ATA). I analyzed this new Voyager 1 data with baudline and blogged about it:

http://baudline.blogspot.com/2012/11/setiquest-voyager-1-redux.html

The spectrogram image below shows both X & Y linear polarizations as green and purple. Can you see the drifting weak signal?  It is weaker this time around.

baudline

May 9, 2013, 7:25:29 PM5/9/13
to baud...@googlegroups.com

I did a detailed signal analysis of the GOES-11 weather satellite dataset and posted it to my baudline blog.

http://baudline.blogspot.com/2013/05/setiquest-goes-11.html

The setiQuest GOES-11 dataset is a smorgasbord of signals, mirror aliasing, and the return of an old mysterious friend.  Baudline's new IQ display was used to classify the many different modulation types.