School's Out Soon

Tyrell Family

Jun 16, 2006, 2:00:53 PM6/16/06
to BattleMaster Social Discussion
BM has recently began hitting 1100 players per day. Think we shall see
increased activity and numbers? on another note I have been OOC
banning characters in Abington for poor names, has anybody else been
experiencing this?

Timothy Collett

Jun 16, 2006, 6:15:44 PM6/16/06
to battlem...@googlegroups.com
On Jun 16, 2006, at 2:00 PM, Tyrell Family wrote:

> BM has recently began hitting 1100 players per day. Think we shall
> see
> increased activity and numbers?

Actually, summer is usually a low time. People go on vacation
without 'net access, and some people who primarily log on from school
become nearly inactive.

> on another note I have been OOC
> banning characters in Abington for poor names, has anybody else been
> experiencing this?

No, haven't seen that in my realms...are these poor character names
(and if so, how poor?) or blatantly false real names?

Timothy Collett
Anaris Family

--

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Tyrell Family

Jun 18, 2006, 6:21:37 PM6/18/06
to BattleMaster Social Discussion

> > on another note I have been OOC
> > banning characters in Abington for poor names, has anybody else been
> > experiencing this?
>
> No, haven't seen that in my realms...are these poor character names
> (and if so, how poor?) or blatantly false real names?

Yeah really blatant. "I Pwned your mom last night", "miral can yoo dig
it, suckaaaaa", "Biggus Dickus McLarenz".

I am considering OOC banning "nice spasm" as well, it's just not very
suitable for the game.

Jeremy

Timothy Collett

Jun 18, 2006, 9:25:42 PM6/18/06
to battlem...@googlegroups.com

Ah. They all sound like perfect candidates for OOC banning to me.

Also, did you actually meant to send that to the SD list, rather than
the discussion-list?

Tyrell Family

Jun 18, 2006, 10:32:33 PM6/18/06
to BattleMaster Social Discussion
I meant to send it here, there are no weirdo's hanging out here besides
me. :)

Gloria Santos

Jun 18, 2006, 10:37:05 PM6/18/06
On 6/18/06, Tyrell Family <techg...@gmail.com> wrote:

I meant to send it here, there are no weirdo's hanging out here besides
me. :)

Did anyone say weirdo?  Roll call? :P

Marc J.

Jun 18, 2006, 10:40:26 PM6/18/06
On 6/18/06, Gloria Santos wrote:
>I meant to send it here, there are no weirdo's hanging out here besides me. :)

Did anyone say weirdo?  Roll call? :P

:raises hand:

Eh? What's that about a free chair?

--
Marc J.

Gloria Santos

Jun 18, 2006, 10:41:43 PM6/18/06
to battlem...@googlegroups.com
I am sure Marc is the reason why people began making chairs of materials other than wood.

BTW, could any of you comment on my discussion list mail?

Marc J.

Jun 19, 2006, 12:17:49 AM6/19/06
to battlem...@googlegroups.com
On 6/18/06, Gloria Santos wrote:
BTW, could any of you comment on my discussion list mail?

I would, but I think your mail was pretty self-explanatory. [Assuming you're talking about your "Everyone's afraid of Tom's lighting bolts e-mail]

I do think you're asking for the impossible though... Tom's LB are game-altering, and people do take notice when they happen. So, in a sense, people pay more attention to the *actual* LB then they do to the action that *caused* the LB.

--
Marc J.