New realm in the EC, Suggestions?

Grego Nosferatus

Dec 21, 2005, 9:01:27 AM12/21/05
to BattleMaster Social Discussion
It is almost certain that soon a new realm will come with new
diplomatic options (not SA or NA).
This will happen with the "bad tidings" thing or it will be colonized.
It will come some day, but no one knows when.

My Quistions is, What kind of realm would you like to see?
Or better, Do you think diplomacy's will change by this realm?

Yours,
Stefano de Monte

eirik sønstabø

Dec 21, 2005, 9:06:13 AM12/21/05
to battlem...@googlegroups.com
What if there comes an undead realm? Yes, I think it is something done to break up the "trenchwar" north vs. south

Gloria Santos

Dec 21, 2005, 10:08:59 AM12/21/05
to battlem...@googlegroups.com
What I think is that, after Avamar falls, there will be no one left for Sirion and Old Rancagua to fight, so there must be something you can fight.  The new realm or undead invasion is there to distract us and keep ex-Avamarians from attempting to recreate the Black Hand (not that the BH was bad when it was first created, it's the copycats that ruin the game.)

Marc J.

Dec 21, 2005, 10:17:01 AM12/21/05
On 12/21/05, Gloria Santos wrote:
What I think is that, after Avamar falls, there will be no one left for Sirion and Old Rancagua to fight, so there must be something you can fight.  The new realm or undead invasion is there to distract us and keep ex-Avamarians from attempting to recreate the Black Hand (not that the BH was bad when it was first created, it's the copycats that ruin the game.)

Oh, Old Rancagua, Sirion and Fontan have a realm to fight against - Oligarch.

I'm think of these rumours in a different way...

Notice how there are two rumours? One says that the prophet is believed to speak the truth, but the other one says the priests have mixed feelings about them?

It's obvious, Tom and Eric (Espire) are going to create two new realms and then proceed to try to kill each other.

Simple, no?

--
Marc J.

The Nosferatus Family

Dec 21, 2005, 11:23:57 AM12/21/05
to BattleMaster Social Discussion
Well marc, It could be but would Tom and Eric's charcters be king then?

That wouldnt be so nice....

Marc J.

Dec 21, 2005, 1:16:50 PM12/21/05
On 12/21/05, The Nosferatus Family wrote:
Well marc, It could be but would Tom and Eric's charcters be king then?

That wouldnt be so nice....

Well, my theory would have them as Kings of their realms.

I mean, Akesh Temple and Sirion Castle isn't all that far from each other.  Of course, in order to make realms, they would need to take regions from Perdan, Caligus, Sirion, and Oligarch. That wouldn't be very balanced, but maybe it would be a Tom/Eric versus everyone else!

Now *THAT* would be super cool!

--
Marc J.

The Nosferatus Family

Dec 23, 2005, 5:59:55 AM12/23/05
to BattleMaster Social Discussion
It would be cool though.
But i then you get the same kind of diplomacy we have now:
One side verus the other side.

The EC should get a new kind of diplomacy, that would be even cooler.

Allthough it must still be IC correct, it must be RPable.

Marc J.

Dec 23, 2005, 10:05:56 AM12/23/05
On 12/23/05, The Nosferatus Family wrote:
It would be cool though.
But i then you get the same kind of diplomacy we have now:
One side verus the other side.

The EC should get a new kind of diplomacy, that would be even cooler.

I don't know if it's possible to have a continent wide diplomatic relations besides the one side vs. another.

The sides relations are like that on East Island, Atamara, and to some extent, Beluaterra, (but for the most part, every one's rebuilding, so that doesn't really count). On SEI, it's Taselak and Sandalak versus Ikalak.

I have a suspicion that the "Sides" way of looking at things is hard-wired into the human brain.

--
Marc J.