I should be royalty...

gloria...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2005, 1:32:36 PM12/12/05
to BattleMaster Social Discussion
I don't want to sound like a power muncher, but... shouldn't you become
royalty if you marry a King?

delvin...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2005, 1:58:00 PM12/12/05

gloria...@gmail.com wrote:
> I don't want to sound like a power muncher, but... shouldn't you become
> royalty if you marry a King?

Yep, you sure should.

However, as a programmer myself, I can appreciate the difficulty of
overhauling the whole family system in BattleMaster, especially since
it's what the player structure is built on.

On the other hand....
I can see how it *could* work. If, instead of there being exactly 1
family per player, each player creates a new family when they join the
game...and then they could create a new family for each of their
subsequent characters, or create a new char in an existing family, with
the permission of any member of that family.

Furthermore, actions such as marriage and having children would then
become possible within the game, and you could even have game-generated
family trees to chart the history of your family...

It's possible. It's not easy, and I doubt Tom would ever do it
(there's way too much other stuff to work on, for one thing, and it
*would* mean changing one of the most fundamental aspects of the game,
for another), but I can see how it would be possible.

Timothy Collett
Anaris Family

LilWolf

Dec 12, 2005, 1:58:08 PM12/12/05
to BattleMaster Social Discussion
It would need some coding to achieve that. I doubt Tom has the time or
at least he has more important things on his plate :)

Anyway..I do agree it should be possible to do that.

Gloria Santos

Dec 13, 2005, 11:28:34 AM12/13/05
to battlem...@googlegroups.com

Tom said no.