Batman index.html always displays a blank page?

davido...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2014, 11:24:16 AM7/15/14
to batm...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys.

Ive been trying to follow some tutorials for Batman.js but am running into a very odd issue.

When I generate a batman app skeleton, then try to open http://localhost:3000 to view the batman start page, the entire page is blank with no trace that batman.js is even registered in my application.

Has anyone seen this issue before?

Im not sure if I'm routing the file wrong but it seems to be a very basic issue but I don't have enough experience to debug it.

Thanks in advance

David

Ruby 4.1.1
Batman rails Gem installed
Normal Welcome aboard page displays
If I add

# get "(*redirect_path)", to: "batman#index", constraints: lambda { |request| request.format == "text/html" }

Which is what I assumed routed to the batman.js start[page I get a blank white page.

Robert Mosolgo

Jul 15, 2014, 12:04:03 PM7/15/14
to batm...@googlegroups.com
Shoot, I don't think rubygems has been updated for Rails 4.1. Use in your gemfile:

gem "batman-rails", github: "batmanjs/batman-rails"

I'll try to update rubygems here too.

Robert Mosolgo

Jul 15, 2014, 12:12:10 PM7/15/14
to batm...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I just published `0.16.1` to ruby gems. If you can't rerun the generator, you can update the generated code by hand. To update for Rails 4.1, you'll need to update batman_controller like this: https://github.com/batmanjs/batman-rails/issues/58#issuecomment-45121909

(In rails 4.1, `render nothing: true` was updated to actually render _nothing_, hence the blank page!)

Let me know if that doesn't fix it for ya!
Message has been deleted

davido...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2014, 12:17:29 PM7/15/14
to batm...@googlegroups.com, rdmo...@gmail.com
Fixed the issue in exactly 2.31 seconds.

Thank you so much for the quick reply and amazing work!

Ive downloaded the cookbook too for future debugging.

Thank ya!