Fwd: Fw: Windows Phone 8 Webcast (26th Nov-30th Nov, 2012)

Dr.Babita G Kataria

Nov 26, 2012, 5:13:19 AM11/26/12
to batch2013...@googlegroups.com, batch2012...@googlegroups.com

Dear Students

IF INTERESTED:

Microsoft is organizing the Windows Phone 8 Webcast Series from 26th to 30th Nov, 2012.

Webcast Details:

Dates: 26th Nov, 2012 to 30th Nov, 2012 (Monday to Friday)
Time: 03:00 PM to 05:00 PM

Request you to circulate this among the community so that they can attend and learn.

  Windows Phone 8 Webcast Series
Are you waiting for the big turning point in your professional life? Look no further.
This is the age of Apps- and an idea is all it takes. So hone your skills by getting the latest training on Windows Phone 8 Application Development.

Register Today for the Windows Phone 8 Webcasts from 26th Nov - 30rd Nov 2012 (03:00 PM to 05:00 PM)
The link to attend the meeting is displayed on the confirmation message that appears after submitting the Registration form. Please install the LiveMeeting Client prior to the Webcast.
Windows Phone 8 Sessions
Session 1: Getting Started with Windows Phone 8 - Development Tools & Dev Center
Date: 26th Nov, 2012
Time: 03:00 PM to 05:00 PM
In this session we will walk through the new app platform in Windows Phone8 (WP8), Application development models, WP8 version of WinRT, supported application models, getting started with WP8 app development, new features overview, using the Windows Phone Developer Tools and WP7x compatibility. The session emphasizes on the overall stages that a business/developer should be aware of.
Session 2: Designing Apps for Windows Phone 8
Date: 27th Nov, 2012
Time: 03:00 PM to 05:00 PM
In this session, we will talk about the design and user experience philosophy of Windows Phone. In this session developers and designers will learn what are things they should keep in mind to make their applications shine on the Windows Phone. We will also go through the essential techniques you need to build an application, Windows Design Language, designing an App, introduction to XAML Layout, Styles and Themes
Design Time Data, during this session.
Session 3: Application Lifecycle for Windows Phone 8
Date: 28th Nov, 2012
Time: 03:00 PM to 05:00 PM
In this session we will cover the way apps work on Windows Phone and how the OS manages them so that when they lose focus, they are suspended in order to conserve crucial phone resources, primarily battery life.
This session will explain what happens and what you must do as an app developer to create the best experience for your user.
Session 4: Building Apps for Windows Phone 8
Date: 29th Nov, 2012
Time: 03:00 PM to 05:00 PM
In this session we will cover the core concepts of programming for Windows Phone 8 platform. How to leverage the features like Page navigation, Application Bar, Handling Page Orientation Changes, Handling Different Screen Resolutions, Localization, Windows Phone Toolkit, Page Transitions. This session will focus on the depth concepts of Windows Phone Development.
Session 5: Windows Phone Store and making your apps submission ready
Date: 30th Nov, 2012
Time: 03:00 PM to 05:00 PM
In this session we will the process of preparing your app for submission, the submission process, and tips on how to maximize uptake and increase profit. The session will focus on Performance Analysis, app creation and configuring, Store Testing Tool, App distribution, Windows Phone Store, advertising supported apps and maximizing uptake.

--
Dr. Babita G. Kataria
Director,CDMC