Generating vector graphics using bview

HUI WANG

Oct 18, 2021, 8:06:38 AM10/18/21
to basilisk-fr
Hello everyone,

In http://basilisk.fr/src/view.h#save-saves-drawing-to-a-file-in-various-formats, it says "The following formats are no longer supported, but this could be fixed later".
If I understand correctly, we have to use a third party like tecplot or Paraview to generate vector graphics at this moment? Or there are other ways to generate vector graphics directly from the code file using bview?

Best
Hui

Stefan Bošković

Oct 18, 2021, 1:58:58 PM10/18/21
to HUI WANG, basilisk-fr
Hello Hui,

Here:
https://discourse.paraview.org/t/vector-graphics-output-issues/299/3
you can read that Paraview is also not a good option. Possibly not
updated for some time and possibly questionable useability.
If I recall correctly, I tried using it maybe few months ago, and I
couldn't. Possibly colorbar or text were problematic.

Regards,
Stefan Bošković
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/basilisk-fr/168a4e06-f5c9-45f4-9424-899897699808n%40googlegroups.com
> [1].
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1]
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/basilisk-fr/168a4e06-f5c9-45f4-9424-899897699808n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

Stefan Bošković

Oct 18, 2021, 2:04:44 PM10/18/21
to HUI WANG, basilisk-fr
Or at least Paraview was not a good option at that time...

Regards,
Stefan Bošković

HUI WANG

Oct 19, 2021, 12:38:55 PM10/19/21
to basilisk-fr
Hi Stefan Bošković,

I had this problem too. Some version of Paraview has the problem of outputting color bar. You can use an updated version, for example, Paraview5.9.0 works fine.
I was just wondering if it is possible to generate vector graphics directly from code. Seems this function is still not supported by the new bview at this moment

Best
Hui

Stefan Bošković

Oct 20, 2021, 8:58:03 AM10/20/21
to HUI WANG, basilisk-fr
Thank you, I didn't know that there was some improvement, nor I expected
it after reading that post.
I recently started learning Basilisk, so I can't help you about that,
but there are other people here that might tell you.

Best regards,
Stefan Bošković