Wiki access via Darcs issue

j.a.v...@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2020, 3:26:50 AM9/17/20
to basilisk-fr

Hallo all,

Since a week I cant push or pull patches via Darcs. I tried a few fixes, including re-initializing the repository, but it did not work.

When I try to push a patch I get the error:

Waiting for lock /home/wiki/wiki/_darcs/lock
Couldn't get lock /home/wiki/wiki/_darcs/lock
Prehook failed!
Apply failed!

That path does not exist , but /home/antoon/wiki/_darcs does.

When I try to pull, it reads that there are no remote patches to pull in, whereas the online "recent activity" shows otherwise.

Does any body else have this issue, or maybe a fix?

Thanks,

Antoon

Nelson Joubert

Sep 17, 2020, 3:56:22 AM9/17/20
to basilisk-fr

Hello Antoon,

I have the same issue than you, but unfortunately no fix.

Nelson

limarea...@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2020, 10:19:59 AM9/17/20
to basilisk-fr
Hey there,

Same problem here. Been stuck for one week. If I do a fresh pull, I get :

~> darcs get wi...@basilisk.fr:wiki
Copying patches, to get lazy repository hit ctrl-C...
Finished cloning.
~> cd wiki/
~/wiki> darcs check
darcs: src/Darcs/Patch/V2/RepoPatch.hs:(602,17)-(603,78): Irrefutable pattern failed for pattern Just a2'
~/wiki> darcs -v
2.14.1 (release)

And strangely, if I do a darcs log, the most recent patch is:
patch 4a68dddfe8cd45512ea5afad4ff5613e2dca814f
Author: weugene
Date:   Sun Sep  6 11:16:00 CEST 2020
  * convertD2P

which is different from the last patch online.

I tried rollbacks on the 10 latest patches, to no avail.

Stephane said that the online version of darcs on the basilisk's website is not the most recent one, maybe I should try with older version of darcs, as indicated on the darcsit/README page

Troubleshooting
  • If “history” or “Recent activity” do not work, make sure that the version of darcs on the server is less than 2.8.5.

Cheers,
Alex

Stephane Popinet

Sep 17, 2020, 10:59:55 AM9/17/20
to basil...@googlegroups.com
> Waiting for lock /home/wiki/wiki/_darcs/lock
> Couldn't get lock /home/wiki/wiki/_darcs/lock
> Prehook failed!
> Apply failed!
>
> That path does not exist , but /home/antoon/wiki/_darcs does.

The error message refers (not clearly) to the remote server i.e.
wi...@basilisk.fr

What must have happened is that darcs or the server crashed at some
point, leaving a lock file behind.

I have removed the lock file so pushing/pulling to wi...@basilisk.fr
should work again.

cheers,

Stephane

j.a.v...@gmail.com

Sep 18, 2020, 7:59:45 AM9/18/20
to basilisk-fr
It works indeed.

Thanks you all

Damien Huet

Jul 26, 2022, 11:57:26 PM7/26/22
to basilisk-fr
Hello everyone,

I think I am facing a similar problem when trying to upload my local changes to the wiki. I can pull the wiki with no issue but pushing my local changes results in the following error message:

Do you want to Push these patches? [Yglqk...], or ? for more options: y
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
    LANGUAGE = (unset),
    LC_ALL = (unset),
    LANG = "en_CA.UTF-8"
Waiting for lock /home/wiki/wiki/_darcs/lock

Couldn't get lock /home/wiki/wiki/_darcs/lock
Prehook failed!
darcs: fd:14: hPutBuf: resource vanished (Broken pipe)

There are some harmless (I believe) warnings about perl, but the failed Prehook prevents me from publishing on the server. I don't know if this is happening to me only or to other users as well: if this comes from a misuse of the darcs server on my part, please let me know so I don't mess things up again.

Thanks,

Damien

Bruno Deremble

Jul 27, 2022, 8:07:26 AM7/27/22
to Damien Huet, basil...@googlegroups.com
Hi Damien,

same issue here.
I think Stephane needs to delete the lock file on the server.
I don't know if he is available this time of year though.

Best
Bruno

Damien Huet

Aug 16, 2022, 5:32:07 AM8/16/22
to basilisk-fr
Hi Bruno,

Thank you for your reply. It seems that the lock file is still on the server, but I am in no rush to update my sandbox. I will reply to this thread when I am able to use darcs to publish changes on the wiki again.
Best,

Damien

Stephane Popinet

Aug 22, 2022, 4:33:54 AM8/22/22
to basil...@googlegroups.com
Should be OK now.
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/basilisk-fr/fdbb73b3-ecfc-441a-986f-12a40fb09539n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/basilisk-fr/fdbb73b3-ecfc-441a-986f-12a40fb09539n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Damien Huet

Aug 22, 2022, 5:26:22 AM8/22/22
to basilisk-fr
Hello Stéphane,

Thank you for spending time on this issue. Unfortunately, when using "darcs push" I still face the same error as before:

Waiting for lock /home/wiki/wiki/_darcs/lock
Couldn't get lock /home/wiki/wiki/_darcs/lock
Prehook failed!
darcs: fd:14: hPutBuf: resource vanished (Broken pipe)

I have recently upgraded my OS from ubuntu 20.04 to 22.04, which might have changed some ssh settings... Maybe it is best if someone else tries to darcs push. I am positive I still have the same ssh public key, though.

Best,

Damien

Stephane Popinet

Aug 22, 2022, 6:00:24 AM8/22/22
to basil...@googlegroups.com

Bruno Deremble

Aug 25, 2022, 3:33:25 AM8/25/22
to Stephane Popinet, basil...@googlegroups.com
weird: I also still get the error Damien describes.
Maybe there is a lock file on my own basilisk repository?

I am using
OpenSSH_9.0p1, OpenSSL 1.1.1o

bruno

Andrés Castillo-Castellanos

Sep 26, 2022, 9:45:19 AM9/26/22
to basilisk-fr
Hello everyone,

I get the following error when trying to do a darcs push

darcs: Pushing to http URLs is not supported.
CallStack (from HasCallStack):
  error, called at src/Darcs/Util/Printer.hs:145:14 in darcs-2.14.5-1R0qQK0dGLIGSWO7w3taAD:Darcs.Util.Printer

I thought my darcs repo was properly configured but I haven't submitted anything new in a while.

darcs show repo
         Format: hashed, darcs-2
           Root: /home/castillo/Workspace/wiki
   PristineType: HashedPristine
          Cache: thisrepo:/home/castillo/Workspace/wiki, cache:/home/castillo/.cache/darcs, repo:., repo:wi...@shell.basilisk.fr:wiki
     PatchIndex: enabled, but not yet created
   predist Pref: cd src && flex -o qcc.c qcc.lex && flex -P inc -o include.c include.lex && touch Makefile.tests Makefile.deps
 Default Remote: http://basilisk.fr/wiki
    Num Patches: 18770
      Weak Hash: 8c15d2d0a46a1e54012c57f188a5ee2cbfe83e4b

Is anyone else having the same issue? Ideas?

Stephane Popinet

Sep 26, 2022, 11:45:07 AM9/26/22
to basil...@googlegroups.com

http://basilisk.fr/Help#pushing-local-changes