OSMesa

33 views
Skip to first unread message

Emily Lane

unread,
Sep 2, 2026, 3:40:24 AMSep 2
to basil...@googlegroups.com
Kia ora koutou,
I was compiling a basilisk file on the NZ REANNZ HPC (previously NeSI) and got an error message about OSMesa for a code that had previously worked. Talking with the support folks it turns out that Mesa is stopping support for the off screen rendering. At the moment I can get around this because some of the login nodes have older versions which still have OSMesa but these may also be removed in the future.
I am really just flagging this at this stage and wondering whether there are plans to look at alternatives for visualisation?
Cheers
Emily

Stephane Popinet

unread,
Sep 2, 2026, 3:44:05 AMSep 2
to basil...@googlegroups.com
Hi Emily,

I am not sure which version of Basilisk you are using, but it has been
years since Basilisk relied on OSMesa for rendering... More or less
since this patch:

patch 2d19cf47abfae4d82db687483a0ad2bb335fa3b8
Author: Stephane Popinet <pop...@basilisk.fr>
Date: Wed Mar 29 12:29:09 CEST 2023
* A tiny implementation replaces OpenGL/OSMesa

cheers,

Stephane


Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages