Convergence of the Poisson solver compromised because refine/unrefine

jose.lopez...@gmail.com

Nov 2, 2021, 9:52:34 AM11/2/21
to basilisk-fr
Hi all,

I am computing the electric potential distribution in a relatively complex domain with embed solids and an spatial variable permittivity. (attached the code)

Using uniform grid the solver works faultlessly (see attached) but if I want to refine (or unrefine) a portion of the computational domain, the solver does not converge doing the solver very weird things.

Has anyone experienced this problem and knows what I am doing wrong? It is a bug?

Cheers
Jose
potential.c

j.a.v...@gmail.com

Nov 2, 2021, 11:04:35 AM11/2/21
to basilisk-fr
Hallo Jose,

You should call `boundary ((scalar *){epsilonv});` after you have computed its values

An more thorough explanation can be found here:

Antoon

jmlopez...@gmail.com

Nov 2, 2021, 1:46:46 PM11/2/21
to basilisk-fr
Hi antoon,

You are absolutely right! Thanks for saving me! I thought it was unnecesary to apply BC to epsilonv because it is a face vector (obviously I was wrong...).

Cheers

Pepe