Run example bubble in the tank on cluster

Yutian He

Jun 27, 2024, 3:23:25 AM (7 days ago) Jun 27
to basilisk-fr
Hi everyone

I am trying to  reproduce the results of example -- bubble rising in a large tank. But I do not know how to run it on the cluster (MIT supercloud); I tried to use

local% qcc -source -grid=octree -D_MPI=1 bubble.c local% scp _bubble.c occigen.cines.fr:
but it only returns a file  "occigen.cines.fr" and I do not know how to get further results. I also tried use methods in the isotropic turbulence example which use bash script. I tried bash scripts in  Running with MPI on occigen and Running with MPI on mesu but none of them work; the propmt keeps telling me that the operation is not permitted and the modules used in these methods (like mpi) is not found.

Are these methods not valid for clusters other than occigen and mesu? If I need write a bash scrpt by myself to submit my job to certain clusters, where to find a guide?

Thanks
Yutian

Stephane Popinet

Jun 27, 2024, 3:26:05 AM (7 days ago) Jun 27
to basil...@googlegroups.com
Dear Yutian,

Each cluster is indeed different. You need to consult the documentation
and/or the system administrator for the cluster you are using.

Stephane
OpenPGP_0x78F22AD6304D74BE.asc
OpenPGP_signature.asc