Extracting height of interface at a particular location in 3D simulation

Vibhuti Bhushan Jha

Nov 1, 2022, 8:44:14 AM11/1/22
to basilisk-fr
Dear All,

I am doing some 3d two phase simulations in which I would like to extract the surface height of the interface (y) at a particular location (x,z) as a function of time. At present, I could write this part to extract the height.

event posout (i++){
 scalar pos[];
 double x0 = 0.001; // x-coord at which y is to be found
 double z0 = 0.001; // z- coord at which y is to be found
 double dX = 0.0001; // region of interest (x \pm dx, z \pm dx)
 position(f,pos,{0.,1.,0.});
 char fnamepos[80];
 sprintf(fnamepos,"ypos-%d",pid());
 FILE*fpp = fopen(fnamepos,"a");
 foreach(){
   if (interfacial(point,f) && x>x0-dX && x<x0+dX && z>z0-dX && z<z0+dX) {
   fprintf(fpp, "%g %g\n",t,statsf(pos).max);
    }
  }
 fclose(fpp);
}

The output file ypos is unable to write the location information and yields a blank file. I was wondering if there is a way to extract height information in 3D MPI run.

I could find this relevant information in the group:

Thanking you all with regards,
Vibhuti