Defining boundary/wall with (x,y) coordinates.

David Vazquez

Jun 22, 2024, 2:09:17 PM (11 days ago) Jun 22
to basil...@googlegroups.com

Good day,

I am currently using the shockwave.c code (http://basilisk.fr/src/test/shockwave.c) and am trying to see if it is possible to define the top boundary of my domain as a curve. I know that for rectangular domains I can use a mask function (see slightly modified code attached) , but instead I would like a curved top boundary. The curve I would like to use is defined by a set of  (x,y) coordinates in a .txt file. I can get an equation that fits it closely (this would be easier, right?), but I want to know if it is possible to use coordinates to define the top wall, or any wall for that matter, and if there are examples online.

If it helps, the coordinates I obtained are from a solidworks file that has the curve I want as part of a model (It is a 2D curve created through Features>Curves>Curve Through XYZ Points). Would it be easier to somehow import a sketch or something like that from solidworks?

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Best,

David Vazquez Alvarez

wP2.c