Bview not loading properly

208 views
Skip to first unread message

Spencer Schwartz

unread,
Oct 14, 2025, 9:58:09 AM10/14/25
to basilisk-fr
Dear all,

My lab is experiencing an issue with bview, where when we try to run a simulation using the -DDISPLAY flag, the link that appears takes us to an empty scene in bview, without the simulation loaded. I personally have tried multiple computers and reinstalling Basilisk, but nothing has worked. This problem started yesterday, and it was fine last week.

We would appreciate any insight into this problem.

Kind regards,
Spencer

HANGPENG JIANG

unread,
Oct 14, 2025, 11:04:35 AM10/14/25
to Spencer Schwartz, basilisk-fr
Hi Spencer,

I am also facing this problem.
This solution works for me: just copy and access the link from the file named display.html instead of open it from terminal.
But whenever I start another simulation, I need to re-copy and access that link from the file again even though the link is the same.
Hope it helps.

Best,
Hangpeng


发送自 Outlook for iOS

发件人: basil...@googlegroups.com <basil...@googlegroups.com> 代表 Spencer Schwartz <spencer...@gmail.com>
发送时间: Tuesday, October 14, 2025 10:58:09 PM
收件人: basilisk-fr <basil...@googlegroups.com>
主题: Bview not loading properly
 
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "basilisk-fr" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to basilisk-fr...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/basilisk-fr/32a39343-cf5f-422d-aed3-4a992f14e132n%40googlegroups.com.

Muhammad Abdullah

unread,
Oct 14, 2025, 11:04:40 AM10/14/25
to Spencer Schwartz, basilisk-fr
Facing the same issue, I think bview is affected globally.


--

Stephane Popinet

unread,
Oct 14, 2025, 12:25:52 PM10/14/25
to basil...@googlegroups.com
Hi Spencer,

The problem was linked to the automatic redirection from HTTP to HTTPS
for the basilisk.fr website.

This should be fixed now. Note that you may need to clear your browser
cache.

cheers,

Stephane


Spencer Schwartz

unread,
Oct 14, 2025, 12:34:21 PM10/14/25
to basilisk-fr
It is now working for us. Thank you Professor for the speedy fix!

Best,
Spencer

Robin

unread,
Aug 24, 2026, 7:52:10 AMAug 24
to basilisk-fr
Dear all,
Recently I struggled too much with fixing the issue of the bview. It was not loading in any browser (I am using, however, Firefox) and showed just the screen without the server connected, hence without the solution data at all. This started with the recent Firefox update.
I went through the documentation, but found that in my installation everything is up to date.
I also tried CONNECT button manually but without any success.
Finally, I fixed the issue by just disabling the "Enhanced tracking protection".
If anyone is suffering with the same issue, can refer to the screenshot attached (click on the left of address-bar to see the connection details). In my case, this worked out.

Thanks with the best of regards
Robin
Screenshot From 2026-08-24 01-42-17.png

Robin

unread,
Aug 24, 2026, 7:52:35 AMAug 24
to basilisk-fr
Dear all,
I am stuck with the same issue, meaning - the bview was working fine until today, and all of a sudden it started providing me with the screen having no data.
Actually I must say it is not connecting to the server as it gives the option to connect now. Copying the link and pasting in the browser also doesn't work.
I cleared browser's entire data too, but nothing works out ultimately. What exactly happened all of a sudden? And I have the latest Basilisk installation with the updated src.
The connect button also doesn't work. 
I have attached the screenshot of what I now get.
Also,  I would like to tell that the dump files I am testing with, are all containing the data. I could open the same files till yesterday.

A solution, if someone has now fixed it would be highly appreciated.

With the best of regards
Robin
On Tuesday, October 14, 2025 at 10:04:21 PM UTC+5:30 spencer...@gmail.com wrote:
Screenshot From 2026-08-23 12-12-42.png

Stephane Popinet

unread,
Aug 24, 2026, 8:07:44 AMAug 24
to basil...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robin,

What is your system and firefox version?

I am using Debian 13 and Firefox Version 140.12.0esr (64-bit) and
everything works fine. Also OK with chromium.

cheers,

Stephane


Robin

unread,
Aug 24, 2026, 11:58:27 AMAug 24
to Stephane Popinet, basil...@googlegroups.com
Dear Prof Stephane,
Thank you for your reply. 
I am using Ubuntu-26.04-LTS, and the Firefox version 154.0.

However, in the next message in the group I posted about the solution. I had to find if everything is working, and I could find that the server was listening, however at the browser end, in console I could check under WS that there was an error and the browser blocked the link http://basilisk.ida.upmc.fr/three.js/editor/index.html?ws://localhost:7100. In my case localhost is my username.
The same showed: NS_ERROR_LOCAL_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED. I also have attached the screenshot of the diagnose.
Finally, I just tried disabling "Enhanced tracking protection" available in the left side of the address-bar. And so I am able to use the bview perfectly now.

Again I thank you for your response and the enquiry too, on the developer level, it might give further insights to you.

With the best of regards
Robin
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "basilisk-fr" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to basilisk-fr...@googlegroups.com.
Screenshot From 2026-08-23 21-57-34.png
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages