Detect / label liquid ligaments

HUI WANG

Oct 14, 2022, 4:52:43 AM10/14/22
to basilisk-fr
Hello all,

I am recently trying to collect ligaments information from the rim of a liquid sheet as shown in the image below. The idea is to detect and label each ligament and possibly output its geometry and dynamics in 3D.

As far as I know, tag.h function can only tag each separated droplet. Here the ligaments are still connected to the main liquid sheet,  so tag function can not label it directly. Does anyone have an idea of how can i achieve this purpose or does anyone have done similar works using basilisk C?

bitmap.png

Thanks a lot
Hui

Stephane Zaleski

Oct 14, 2022, 8:58:20 AM10/14/22
to basilisk-fr
Hi

  You could check out

  and

Chirco, Leonardo, et al. "Manifold death: a Volume of Fluid implementation of controlled topological changes in thin sheets by the signature method." Journal of Computational Physics 467 (2022): 111468.

  best

Stéphane

<bitmap.png>

Thanks a lot