parallelization of mask function

Davide Repetto

Nov 10, 2022, 10:10:02 AM11/10/22
to basilisk-fr
Dear all,

I am interested in parallelizing the case study of the rising bubble, in particular I would like to know if we can substitute the function mask with a parallelizable alternative (maybe in embed?). The function mask is needed in order to consider only half of the domain, taking advantage of the symmetry of the problem. We also tried to simulate the whole domain (without using the function mask) to parallelize the problem but the computational time was even higher than before.

Thank you very much,

Davide

Stephane Zaleski

Nov 10, 2022, 10:16:42 AM11/10/22
to basilisk-fr
Hi

  You can find a good example of simple use of embed.h in the test case karman.c

  Best

Stéphane

Stephane Popinet

Nov 10, 2022, 10:17:50 AM11/10/22
to basil...@googlegroups.com
Hi Davide,

You do not need mask to take advantage of the symmetry of the problem.
Just use the boundaries of the entire box. Then you will not need to
"parallelize mask".

hope this helps,

Stephane