Windows ports?

LM

Jul 18, 2009, 2:41:26 PM7/18/09
to Bash Commander
Just wondering if anyone's tried porting this to a Windows machine?
There are 3 versions of bash I know of that work there. One with
cygwin, one with mingw and one under DOS with djgpp. I run a lot of
cross-platform applications, because I switch between machines and
operating systems often. Think it would be interesting to be able to
run this on a Windows box as well as on Linux and FreeBSD. Was
wondering if anyone's tried getting a Windows port going. Also wanted
to know if there was any documentation on what parts of the
application were specific to bash and what parts were specific to bash
commander. It would be easier to add this to a different version of
bash if there was some delineation of the code. If the bash commander
parts will work well with other versions of bash, it might not be too
hard to just get the code differences and plug into a version of bash
for Windows and try to compile.

By the way, I like the bash commander navigation in the two panes much
better than mc and other two panel file managers I've tried.

Serge V.

Jul 23, 2009, 4:19:08 PM7/23/09
to Bash Commander
> Just wondering if anyone's tried porting this to a Windows machine?

Bash Commander could be easily compiled under Cygwin.
Use SVN version: https://bashc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/bashc
___
Best wishes,
Serge