How the validation works?

Andreu Paytuvi

Mar 17, 2022, 10:56:52 AM3/17/22
to basespace-developers
Dear all,

I created a Biosample and uploaded a couple of FASTQ. These FASTQ are consistent and well-formatted. Nevertheless, when I try to execute a test analysis from the Input Form to the local Agent, I get the following error:

Illumina.BaseSpace.SDK, Version=2.0.0.99, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]] Validating 'sampleName_S6_L001_R2_001.fastq.gz'.
2022-03-17 14:52:43.141 [THREAD Threadpool worker] [DEBUG] Illumina.SpaceDock.JobExecutorLogic                Error during JobExecutionStage DOWNLOADING
Illumina.SpaceDock.DownloadException: File 'sampleName_S6_L001_R2_001.fastq.gz' failed validation. It may be corrupted.

I would like to understand this validation process. What does it check to say that the file is invalid and corrupted?

Thanks in advance,
Andreu

Al Maynard

Mar 30, 2022, 10:39:51 AM3/30/22
to basespace-developers
Hi Andreu,

I'd recommend trying to run a standard app on that biosample first (FASTQ Toolkit?). If you get an error there, please contact support and they'll help check the FASTQ files.

If that works, I'd suggest not using local analysis when debugging apps - that mechanism doesn't really follow the same path as running in the cloud and is very tricky to use.

Al