Fwd: [-BAS-] Coorg Star Party - Registrations are open (9-Feb-2013)

Akarsh Simha

Feb 1, 2013, 3:17:32 AM2/1/13
to bas-an...@googlegroups.com

Hello All,

Sorry for the late announcement of the much awaited Coorg Star Party.
The star party is planned to be conducted on 9th Feb 2013, Saturday.

Please register here. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1YseMUoFHoSrUajOyf3OScAx67KusH_-7G9pRW65CTAI/viewform

The account details for transferring the registration fee are as follows:

The Bangalore Astronomical Society
A/c no : 004701046124
ICICI Bank, Koramangala Branch, Bangalore.

What is a Star Party? A star party is a gathering of amateur astronomers for the purpose of observing the sky. BAS, being one of the most active Amateur Astronomy Club conducts several star parties throughout the year. The venue chosen for such an event will be a dark place away from the city lights so that one can observe the faint celestial objects.

Do I have to bring a telescope? If you have telescopes, binoculars, cameras, tripods, please do bring. But they are not mandatory. We will have our own telescopes and binoculars which you can use.

Keemale a 250-yr old estate nestled between the lush greenery of Karada, 20km off Virajpet. Many previous star parties here at the same time have been witness to the
breath-taking Skies & Nature!
Yes, our equipment inventory also includes the mighty 17.5" f/5 Discovery Dobsonian!

Itinerary

8th Feb 2013 - Leave Bangalore by night 11PM. Reach Keemale Estate at 6AM on 9th.

9th Feb 2013 - Relax, Roam around the Keemale Estate. The star party begins after it gets dark. Observe through the night.

10th Feb 2013 - Leave Keemale after breakfast. Reach Bangalore by evening.

Optional (on 10th): If people are interested, we can visit some place on the way back to Bangalore.

The registration fee will be as follows. Note that, if opted, the room will be provided on twin share basis.

For Registered BAS Members:

BAS Arranged Transport + Room Accommodation: Rs. 3000

BAS Arranged Transport + Dorm Accommodation: Rs. 2600

Self Transport + Room Accommodation: Rs. 2200

Self Transport + Dorm Accommodation: Rs. 1800

For Non-BAS Members:

BAS Arranged Transport + Room Accommodation: Rs. 3200

BAS Arranged Transport + Dorm Accommodation: Rs. 2800

Self Transport + Room Accommodation: Rs. 2400

Self Transport + Dorm Accommodation: Rs. 2000

For Student Members:

BAS Arranged Transport + Dorm Accommodation: Rs. 2300

For Students under 18:

BAS Arranged Transport + Dorm Accommodation: Rs. 2000

Some General Information:

BAS will be bringing a few telescopes. But members are encouraged to bring their own equipment like telescopes, binoculars, DSLR cameras and tripods and so on.

Regards,

Keerthi

News - http://www.bas.org.in/
Events - http://www.bas.org.in/Home/events_calendar
24X7 Chat on IRC - http://www.bas.org.in/Home/irc (#b-a-s on freenode)
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bangalore Astronomical Society" group.