Astrophotography Workshop - Formal Announcement

keerthi kiran

Apr 20, 2013, 6:37:41 AM4/20/13
to BAS, bas-an...@googlegroups.com
Dear BAS Members,
As we had announced earlier, we are pleased to present "The Astrophotography Workshop" on 27 & 28th April.

Dr. Suresh Mohan, who is one of the best Astrophotographers will be the main speaker in the workshop.

This will be a two day, intense workshop for Astrophotographers and people who are planning to start astrophotography. The workshop is organized in such a way that all of us learn from one another and share the knowledge we've gained.

We are planning to have a display of equipment. Please do bring your equipment and show it to fellow participants.
We are also planning to have an exhibition of Astrophotos during the workshop. More on this in a separate mail...
We are also planning to sell BAS merchandize... More on this in a separate mail...

So please participate and make this event a huge succes...

Date: 27,28 Apr 2013 (That's next weekend).
Time: 10AM to 5PM (with breaks after each session and for lunch)

Venue:
Jain University
School of Graduate Studies, JC Road,
#34, 1st Cross, JC Road,
Bangalore - 560027

Registration Fee: Rs. 500

How to register:

Please transfer the registration fee online. Then, fill in this form.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jkVheNE2x9H5mpndd9cHc4CKLVgil6a-1220Nwr_NOI/viewform

Here are the details of the event.

Day1:

General Astronomy - Naveen Nanjundappa - 90 min
Astronomical Equipment for Astrophotography - Sathya Kumar Prasanna - 90 min
Wide Field Astrophotography with a DSLR and a tripod - Keerthi Kiran M - 90 min

Day2:
Advanced Astrophotography - Dr. Suresh Mohan - 90 min
Astro Image Processing - Dr. Suresh Mohan - 90 min

"How I did it" - (15 minutes each - After each session)

Manual Guided Astrophotography - Naveen Nanjundappa
Astrophotography with a Barndoor Tracker - Vishwakeerthy
Tracking the stars with Astrotrac - Sragdhara Dutta Choudhury
Last Stage of a Rocket - Sankaranarayana
Venus Transit Photography - Aditya Ravi

Prerequisites:

1. Participants have to bring their own laptops. Laptops must be charged and be able to run for 2 hours. We will not be able to provide power to the participants.
2. They should have installed "DeepSky Stacker" and "Adobe Photoshop". Deepsky Stacker is a freeware. But Adobe photoshop is a commercial Software. However, the participants can download the trial Software from the Adobe website. Alternatively, Adobe is providing the license and download of their old "Photoshop CS2" version here. http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/
Participants can download and install this version.
3. Participants should own or be familiar with DSLR cameras or at least digital cameras with "Manual" control.
4. Participants should be familiar with terminologies and jargon used in photography. They should know at least these.
http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/cameras-photography/tips/10-important-photography-terms.htm#page=0
5. Participants should be familiar with terminologies and jargon used Astronomy. They should know at least these.
Ex: They should know what a star, planet, comet, asteroid, nebula, cluster, Galaxy, Meteor, Milky Way is. These will not be taught in the workshop.

Note: Lunch will not be provided. Participants are requested to make their own arrangements for lunch.
However, there are many hotels near the venue and it will not be a problem to find good food.
Tea and biscuits will be provided in the morning and the evening.

Thanks and Regards,
Keerthi Kiran M,
Secretary, BAS

keerthi kiran

Apr 22, 2013, 11:21:14 PM4/22/13
to BAS, bas-an...@googlegroups.com
Please register soon.

Regards,
Keerthi

On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM, keerthi kiran <info...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear BAS Members,
As we had announced earlier, we are pleased to present "The Astrophotography workshop" on 27 & 28th April in Bangalore.

Dr. Suresh Mohan, who is one of the best Astrophotographers will be the main speaker in the workshop.

This will be a two day, intense workshop for Astrophotographers and people who are planning to start astrophotography. The workshop is organized in such a way that all of us learn from one another and share the knowledge we've gained.

Please mark your calendar for the event.

Here are the details of the event.

Day1:

General Astronomy - Naveen Nanjundappa
Astronomical Equipment for Astrophotography - Sathya Kumar Prasanna
Wide Field Astrophotography with a DSLR and a tripod - Keerthi Kiran M

Day2:
Advanced Astrophotography - Dr. Suresh Mohan
Astro Image Processing - Dr. Suresh Mohan

"How I did it" - (15 minutes each - After each session)

Manual Guided Astrophotography - Naveen Nanjundappa
Astrophotography with a Barndoor Tracker - Vishwakeerthy
Tracking the stars with Astrotrac - Sragdhara Dutta Choudhury
Last Stage of a Rocket - Sankaranarayana
Venus Transit Photography - Aditya Ravi

Dates: 27,28 Apr 2013 (That's next weekend).